First Aid Courses
The RYA First Aid is a one-day course which covers all the usual first aid subjects, but with a boating perspective. It is designed to provide the skills, techniques & knowledge for anyone who goes afloat to deliver a rapid & appropriate first aid response. The boating specific content includes:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- seasickness and dehydration
- medical assistance or advice by VHF
Candidates will be required to participate in CPR practice so please attend the course in comfortable clothing.
A first aid manual is included in the cost of the course, as is the certificate on successful completion.
Time: 09:00 to 16:30 with a break for lunch
Price: £95 Non-members, £70 Members, £ free to safety coxswains.
Last updated 20:57 on 19 March 2021