The Club Winter Series starts on Sunday 3rd January with a new set of Sailing instructions: –
In summary the changes are: –
1. The two initial starts will be at 3 minute intervals with the first start at 11 am.
2. The number of starts is reduced to two.
a. Start A will combine the existing start 1 and 2 and will use the Naval Numeral 3 flag
b. Start B will combine the Asymmetric and Catamaran starts and use the Naval Numeral 4 flag
3. Race Officers will have a choice of 3 courses to decide between.
a. The existing triangle/sausage course. If there is nothing indicated on the White boards (in the club house and/or on the committee boat), or with a flag, this will be the course we will use.
b. “Course A” which is a trapezoidal course with a gate part way up the beat. This will be indicated by Flag A flying on the committee boat and a diagram on the white boards. Start B will just sail the windward/leeward part of the course but respect the gate.
c. “Course C” which is a 4 or P course with a gate part way up the beat. This will be indicated by Flag C flying on the committee boat and a diagram on the white boards. Start B will just sail the windward/leeward part of the course but respect the gate.
4. The normal number of laps will apply for the “standard” course. For Course A and C you will pass through the gate on each windward leg and be finished once the shorten course symbol is flown. Each race is intended to last between 45 minutes and an hour.
5. It is the intention that Course A and C will be used alternate weekends unless the wind direction means there is no room to place the leeward mark. In this case the standard triangle/sausage course will be used.
Please let your Fleet Captain know if you have any questions.