WORKING PARTY UPDATE 10th MAY
The amazing efforts of about 30 volunteers have completed approx 55 hours, over 3 sessions and toiled away at the following:
First two sessions
· Initial weed and sweep of 2/3 of the beach a total of 3 trailer
· Weeding of both ramps down to the beach. loads of bin bags
· Removal of the long grass by west ramp
· Weeding around the outdoor seating
· Strimming the edges inside the boat park
· Uncovering and painting 40 boat space numbers
· Uncovering / excavating (!) another 45 spaces – all now waiting to be re-painted
· Removing 1 ½ trailer loads of large rubbish from the boat park
· Relocating club toppers/ lasers, in the park, onto racks or to tidy boat spaces
· Pulling club boats out of the brambles and relocated to tidy boat spaces.
Tidy of the appearance at the two road corners in the boat park by;
· Strimming grass edges
· Digging out 4 water run-off channels
· Uncovering large run-off drain and clearing soil from the surrounding area
· Removing weeds from kerbside on both corners
In addition, Jon renewed some ground tackle for the pin-end buoys
So,,,TODAY PLEASE stay for an hour and help with the beach & car parks:
· Sweep and tidy of the beach for the Open Day
· Weeding the remainder of the upper walkway along from the outdoor seating
· Car Park tidy; Rubbish picking / sweeping of the edges
· Top Road tidy; sweeping of the stones off the road back onto the gravelled area
Anyone like to ‘paint’??
· Wood Staining the front of the brown outdoor store by the seating area
· Continue with Boat space numbers.
· Any other suggestions for tidying/sorting something that is really annoying you???
Gloves / Tools / brushes / bags/ buckets /sponges etc etc are by outdoor seating or in the room adjacent to the wet bar – where we have a DIY cupboard! Please don’t wait to be asked – grab a broom and go!!! We also have the two petrol strimmers on site. We were kindly donated a small pressure washer, if anyone would like to experiment on cleaning the outdoor seating (if possible today without drenching all our visitors!!)
Please see Keith for a well-earned tea/coffee afterwards, a small thank you from the Club Sue