Do you race on Sunday mornings?? – how about staying for an hour after lunch to help out?
TO DO WHAT? We are focusing on completing jobs in and around the club this Spring. You may have noticed some work has already started in the boat park with the clearing of areas and re-painting of some ‘berth’ numbers.
Please offer a couple of hours to help out and just get ‘stuck in’ to whatever needs doing. We are planning a few Saturday & Sunday afternoons before the club’s Push The Boat Out / Open Weekend in May. If we can get 10 members to offer 1- 2 hours on each date, we will accomplish a great deal.
WHEN? The initial dates are
Sunday 8th March 14.30 – 15.30 – after racing / after lunch. Starting to clear up the beach, especially the debris and rubbish that has blown off the water during the high winds over the past few weeks
Saturday 14th March; Saturday 9th May; Sunday 10th May – 14.00 – 16.00; . There is a variety of things to be done; indoor, outdoor, sitting down or bit more energetic. The tasks we are aiming to complete include:
- On-going tidy of the beach and carparks from the winter rubbish and weeds.
- Moving some of the club boats down to the boat park.
- Repainting the location numbers in the boat park.
- Cleaning the Club boats
- Stock-taking of the club sailing gear (wetsuits, buoyancy aids etc)
- Re-marking the ‘DWSC’ on the club sailing gear, flags etc.
- Tidying the upstairs store rooms and labelling the storage boxes/areas etc.
Please wear your non-precious clothes.
WHO TO CONTACT? : To join in, please drop an email including any date preferences to: Sue Risbridger (Laser 133603) firstname.lastname@example.org or Barbara in the office.
Sue is going to coordinate both the groups and a plentiful supply of biscuits. Sue will be in contact with further details ahead of the work parties.